CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SOLD

It sold....my beautiful, cozy house is sold. We truly are happy but man has it been stressful. Moving from an apartment to a house is a cake walk compared to moving from a home with 7 years worth of memories and junk to pack up and move. We have been living out of boxes for about 2 weeks now (due to changing closing dates...yes lovely). I wish I had photos to show of the disaster but I honestly don't think I have one. Maybe its because I thought this day would never come. It's been so hard letting go. I stayed in that house the night before my wedding, brought our sweet link home to that house and built strong, solid memories with my family. Its sad to think that Elle won't sleep in that same house, learn to crawl and walk in the same living room or have her first Halloween in the same neighborhood. I guess my focus just needs to switch to making new "first" in our new home.





We finally ALL closed two days after returning from San Fran. It was the first memorial day to not be at the lake but seriously the holiday weekend came and went so fast. We had tons of help from my mom and sister and of course our BFF's. I told Sam that we better be here for the next 20 years! Linkoln didn't put up too big of a fight...he actually hasn't talked much about our house on Glenmont since we left. I've missed the pool the most but hopefully one day we can talk daddy into building us another. First things first...we need a couch!! We sold our couch to the nice couple that bought our house. Don't really ask me why....now we have nothing but wonderful hardwood floors to sit on for about 8 weeks. Sammy said yesterday evening that he feels like he lives in a hotel. We basically live in our bedroom since its the only room where we can comfortably watch TV. I'm that sweet wife that reminds him that its his fault for selling my beautiful sofa. You wanna know the best part...we order the exact same couch for our new home......so tell me again why we sold it? We are almost out of boxes but still in complete clutter. We have more space but its funny how not everything fits the way it should on the walls or in the open room. "In with the new, out with the old" is what I'm preaching but Sammy is humming a different tune. We are all settling in nicely, trying to keep as much normality as possible. We've prayed about the house for a long time. We know that God is walking with us and will not let us fail. Sammy is an amazing provider and one of the hardest working men I know. Every time we turn down our street Linkoln Thanks Daddy for buying him this house....it's the sweetest sound ever. We are very grateful and blessed to have Christ lead our lives.

0 comments: